Small Group Guidelines
Celebrate Recovery is designed to be safe
place for sharing sensitive, personal issues. Therefore, when we meet in small groups, the following guidelines are observed:
- Keep your sharing focused on your own thoughts and feelings. Limit your sharing to 3-5 minutes.
- There is NO cross talk. Cross talk is when two individuals engage in
conversation excluding all others. Each person is free to express his or her feelings without interruptions.
- We are here to support one another, not “fix” another.
- Anonymity and confidentiality are basic requirements of the group. What is shared in the group stays
in the group. The only exception is when someone threatens to injure themselves or others.
- Offensive language has no place in a Christ-centered recovery group.